Skip to main content

My 5 Favorite Podcasts

I love a good recommendation blog post.  I always want to know what books are great, who has new music, what the latest parenting craze is ( I am almost completely certain that I will not follow it but I
like to be in the know), and what are the must listen to podcasts.

I'm not new to the podcast platform but I don't usually shout from the mountain tops what I'm listening to.  I really enjoy podcasts that benefit my life in one way or another and I almost always stick to podcasts that are Christ center, either because the host is a Christ follower or the content is biblically focused.   This just helps me personally, to not compartmentalize my life.

I listen to more than 5 podcasts but these are my favorites for sure.

  1. The Mom Struggling Well Podcast is the very first podcast I ever listened to.  I remember laughing out loud through the whole podcast because she was living my life.  Or at least it felt like it.  I love to laugh and this one combined laughing with the truth of mom struggles.  The most recent episode "Struggling Sisters: Conflict" was so good!  I encourage you to follow the link and take a listen. 
  2. The Next Right Thing makes the top of the list because each episode is less than 15 mins and has one practical action step at the end of the episode to help the listener make the next right decision for them.  I enjoy a brief listen but more than that, I love not feeling overwhelmed while I'm listening.  There is a book that the host wrote of the same title that is on my reading list.  
  3. Marriage After God is a great podcast that helps me stay focused on God's design and purpose for marriage.  I love the encouragement and at times the conviction that it provides. The hosts have a couple of books on marriage and also a 30 day prayer challenge.  The challenge is free and you get emails with prayer prompts in your inbox everyday.  I encourage you to check it out!
  4. Java with Juli is a podcast that is a ministry of Authentic Intimacy.  I actually heard about this podcast on the Marriage After God podcast.  This podcast tackles some hard topics and keeps the truth of the Gospel and the Bible at the center of every topic.  I really enjoy listening to this one. 
  5. Asking For a Friend and I don't mean the Lauren Conrad podcast.  I just started listening to this one and am loving it.  It is Christ centered and if you are needing to hear a less than 30 minute podcast the speaks the truth of God's word about topics and questions that we all have
    had at one point or another, then check it out.  There isn't really an online link but it is available on Podbean and Apple Podcast.  Here is the picture that goes with the podcast so you can find it if you go looking 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year Pantry Reset (This is my Favorite Thing!!!)

I LOVE a fresh start.  Cleaning things out and making way for something new.  One of my favorite things is a pantry reset(I mentioned this briefly in this post  Travel Prep  ).  What is a pantry reset you ask?  I'm so happy to tell you!  When your pantry is bare, either because it is the end of a budget cycle, you are going on a trip, or because you are starting a new way of eating, take this opportunity to reset your pantry.  Refill it with things that will help with your fresh start. In my case, we were getting ready to take a week long road trip.  I declined to buy any groceries and we used up what had been lingering in the back of the pantry.  Here are a few photos of our dwindling supplies. These photos were taken about 10 days before we left.   I did restock baby food as we ran out but that was about all that I restocked.  About 4 days before we left, this is what it looked like: I love to ta...

Glitter, Poles, and Halftime: OH MY!

Let's talk about the half time show, shall we?  I know what you are thinking, "Not you too!!!  Do we really need a million people writing about that???".  To that I say, "YES".  I was disappointed, appalled, grossed out, and glad we never let out children watch the half time show because, quite frankly, you never know who won't be wearing clothes.  I am fully aware that we live in an over sexualized culture but does that mean we subject our families and children to what was no more than pole dancing in nothing but glitter? After one too many crotch shots that mess was removed from our TV.  In my husband's words "If it isn't appropriate for our children to watch, then it isn't appropriate for us to watch."  SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.  Because here is the thing, I don't want my husband watching that either. What is confusing for me is seeing people, women, on social media praising this performance as strong, a show...

Gingerbread Houses: Love them or Hate Them? (And the one that I like best)

We make a gingerbread house every year.  Or a gingerbread something.  One year we made a nativity.  I'm going to let you in on a secret.  I LOATHE making gingerbread houses.  My husband LOVES making them, which is why I buy them in the first place.  To him, it isn't Christmas without being covered in sticky icing and wondering why the walls won't stand up. This year my mom gifted us with an A Frame gingerbread house from Trader Joe's.   I silently rolled my eyes while dreading the moment we would be making this deceptively easy confection.  But here's the thing, it wasn't deceptively easy.  It was ACTUALLY EASY (insert gasps).  This is now my favorite gingerbread house kit (which means that I will probably NEVER find it again).    Since I loved it so much I thought it would be fun to share it with you.  Pros, cons, and cute pictures. When you open the box this is what you see: I was surprised by how sim...