Skip to main content

40 Day Sugar Fast-Challenge Accepted

Podcasts are one of my favorite things.  I recently started listening to the podcast "Java with Juli"Click here to check it out..  One particular episode really caught my attention Episode #291 Will You Trade Your Comfort Food for the Comforter?. 

Driving through the mountains of West Virginia and Virginia of our journey back to Texas, I heard the best explanation of fasting I had ever encountered.  It made total sense.  The 40 Day Sugar Fast is so much more than just a diet.  Every day of this is being pointed back to the true comforter. 

What do you run to instead of Christ?  For me it is definitely sweets of ALL kinds.  So starting Monday Jan 6th I will be fasting from sugar.  Every time I crave something sweet, I will be going to Christ through prayer, bible study, or worship ( and let me tell you that girl scout cookie season is upon us and this is going to be challenging!!). 

I signed up the website above and will be receiving daily encouragement through emails and I will also be sharing my journey with you right here on the blog. 

This isn't about weight for me (even though losing the baby weight would be a super great bonus).  This is about resting in The Comforter instead of Comfort Food. 

Who's with me?  Sign up on The 40 Day Sugar Fast website to receive the emails and comment below so I can encourage you as we take this journey together!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year Pantry Reset (This is my Favorite Thing!!!)

I LOVE a fresh start.  Cleaning things out and making way for something new.  One of my favorite things is a pantry reset(I mentioned this briefly in this post  Travel Prep  ).  What is a pantry reset you ask?  I'm so happy to tell you!  When your pantry is bare, either because it is the end of a budget cycle, you are going on a trip, or because you are starting a new way of eating, take this opportunity to reset your pantry.  Refill it with things that will help with your fresh start. In my case, we were getting ready to take a week long road trip.  I declined to buy any groceries and we used up what had been lingering in the back of the pantry.  Here are a few photos of our dwindling supplies. These photos were taken about 10 days before we left.   I did restock baby food as we ran out but that was about all that I restocked.  About 4 days before we left, this is what it looked like: I love to ta...

Glitter, Poles, and Halftime: OH MY!

Let's talk about the half time show, shall we?  I know what you are thinking, "Not you too!!!  Do we really need a million people writing about that???".  To that I say, "YES".  I was disappointed, appalled, grossed out, and glad we never let out children watch the half time show because, quite frankly, you never know who won't be wearing clothes.  I am fully aware that we live in an over sexualized culture but does that mean we subject our families and children to what was no more than pole dancing in nothing but glitter? After one too many crotch shots that mess was removed from our TV.  In my husband's words "If it isn't appropriate for our children to watch, then it isn't appropriate for us to watch."  SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.  Because here is the thing, I don't want my husband watching that either. What is confusing for me is seeing people, women, on social media praising this performance as strong, a show...

Gingerbread Houses: Love them or Hate Them? (And the one that I like best)

We make a gingerbread house every year.  Or a gingerbread something.  One year we made a nativity.  I'm going to let you in on a secret.  I LOATHE making gingerbread houses.  My husband LOVES making them, which is why I buy them in the first place.  To him, it isn't Christmas without being covered in sticky icing and wondering why the walls won't stand up. This year my mom gifted us with an A Frame gingerbread house from Trader Joe's.   I silently rolled my eyes while dreading the moment we would be making this deceptively easy confection.  But here's the thing, it wasn't deceptively easy.  It was ACTUALLY EASY (insert gasps).  This is now my favorite gingerbread house kit (which means that I will probably NEVER find it again).    Since I loved it so much I thought it would be fun to share it with you.  Pros, cons, and cute pictures. When you open the box this is what you see: I was surprised by how sim...